Some phone manufacturers suppress alarms scheduled by Apps. They want to extend the battery time of the devices so they kill processes running in the background and suppress apps which activate themselves.
Even though Gentle Wakeup does not consume any battery when in background and the alarm is marked as a clock alarm some manufacturers still ignore these settings and just blindly suppress everything by default.
Without white-listening the app there is a risk that the alarm does not fire if the app has not been used for a few hours or some days.
Please check if any of the following settings can be set on your phone and adjust them to the recommended value:
- System Settings / Apps / Gear Icon / Special Access / Battery Optimization
Turn off optimization
- Phone settings / Battery / Battery optimization / switch to the All apps list (Top menu) / Sleep
Set to Don’t optimize
- Open Gentle Wakeup, touch the Recent Apps button to show the list of recent apps
Toggle the Lock icon in the upper right corner of Gentle Wakeup entry to switch it to a closed icon symbol
- ? / App auto-launch / Gentle Wakeup
Disable the option for the app
- (OnePlus 5) / Settings / Battery / Battery optimization / (three dots)
Disable Enhanced optimization or Advanced optimisation
Here is a list of YouTube video tutorials how to configure specific phones models and devices. If your device is missing you can record the configuration steps (please set your device to English language) with a screen capture app and send the YouTube link to email@example.com. We will include the link in this list.